Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Advent Day 19/Happy Birthday

“It’s [old age] not a surprise, we knew it was coming – make the most of it. So you may not be as fast on your feet, and the image in your mirror may be a little disappointing, but if you are still functioning and not in pain, gratitude should be the name of the game.”
Betty White, If You Ask Me
My mama turned 80 years old today. She's as gorgeous as ever. She has good health, she has up and down days like all of us. She lives alone, she drives a Jeep, she bowls 3 times a week. still hits the gym & in an "ah-ha" moment, got all of her hair cut off into a sexy super short cut. When we talked on the phone (for 2 hours) last night, she told me she has decided to embrace her beauty. This is something that she NEVER thought she possessed. On this 19th day of Advent, I am grateful, thankful, and SO blessed to still have her in my life.

Happy Birthday, Mom. I love you.

Picture: Internet

No comments:

Post a Comment

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...