Sunday, September 12, 2010

With kid gloves...


Having an autistic son is the only type of child I know about raising.

Everyday I wake, I am thankful that God gave him to me - perfectly created.

In the beginning of his life & diagnosis, I tried to mold him to be a normal child.

When my stupidity melted away, so did my self-imposed burden.

You see, this child had a few things to teach me.

He taught me
  • patience
  • acceptance
  • wonderment
  • how not to sweat the small stuff
  • how to greet each day as if it was a second chance at living
  • to wake from sleep with excitement of what the day could hold
  • to take pleasure in the smallest of things
  • to be content with you have
  • not to want what you really don't need
  • to be thankful for everything
  • to not worry about anything
  • to know that whatever you need, God will provide it
  • to treat people w/the kindness, even though it will not always be returned
  • to always smile
  • & to let your happiness shine out to the world through your eyes.
Him coming into my life was the best treatment for whatever ailed me. And after taking lessons from him, I found that nothing really 'ailed' me after all.

Amen.








Sunday Scribbling prompt: "treatment"

1 comment:

The 'New Spring'

I napped thru the storm that brought on the fabulous rainbow. The last 2 pix are after the 'bow' passed. If you didn't see it, y...